Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pandan Juice with Nata de Coco Bits



One hot and humid day, I asked myself, "what can I do today?"  I looked out our window... and there it was! Looking back at me are the most luscious, green and fresh Pandan Leaves ☺


In the Philippines, this drink is usually made with sago or pearls(tapioca pearls used for Boba drinks) and gulaman (agar jelly) but my hubby gave me an idea of putting Nata de Coco instead. I wasn't sure if it'll work at first... but it worked out perfectly. Thanks Hubby ☺

You will need:

  • 8 pieces (2-inch long) Pandan leaves, washed and cleaned
  • 2 liters of water
  • 1½ cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed (may add more or lessen for your desired sweetness)
  • 1 (360g/12oz) bottle Nata de Coco, drained and sliced into bits


Preparation: 

Step 1: Making the Pandan Juice.

     - Boil water with pandan leaves for about 30-45 minutes.  
       Scoop the pandan leaves out and set aside.


Step 2: Simple Syrup.

     - In a saucepan, combine 1½ cup of water and sugar. Melt the  
       sugar over low heat until completely dissolved. Mix with  
       the made Pandan Juice and stir well. Let cool.


Step 3: Putting it all together.

     - In a glass, put desired amount of Nata de Coco. Top it off  
       with Pandan juice. You may serve it with ice cubes or  
       shaved ice. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment