Monday, February 06, 2012

Chicken Meatloaf Muffins


When I saw this recipe in a magazine,
I said to myself, "I definitely have to make this!"
The transformation of this classic meatloaf completely appealed to me
plus, the barbecue sauce topping made it so mouth-watering.
I adapted this recipe from October 2011 issue of Yummy Magazine,
with few adjustments I made with the measurements.
This recipe yields 12 chicken meatloaf muffins.
My Hubby is NOT a fan of meatloaves but he totally liked this one.
Hoooooray for me! ☺




You will need:
  • 400 grams ground chicken
  • 1 medium onion, minced
  • 2 tablespoons carrots, grated
  • ¼ cup bell peppers, minced
  • 1 large egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons salt
  •  ½ cup plain breadcrumbs, soaked in ½ cup water
  • ½ cup barbecue sauce, divided (¼ cup each)
  • salt to taste
  • vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil for brushing

Preparation:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 400F.









Step 2: In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except for  
              barbecue sauce.




Step 3: Add ¼ cup barbecue sauce and mix together with
             your hands.
Step 4: Test the seasoning of your meat by cooking a tablespoon of the mixture in the 
             microwave for about 10 seconds. Add salt to the mixture if necessary.



Step 5: Brush a 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable oil or extra
             virgin olive oil. Fill with meat mixture, making sure to
             mound each one to look like a real muffin when baked.




Step 6: Top each chicken muffin with teaspoonful  of
              barbecue 
sauce. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Cut
              open one chicken muffin to check if it's cooked all the
              way through. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment