Sunday, February 06, 2011

Creamy Fruit Salad


This is the very first dessert my mom has taught me how to make.  
I remember when I was younger, every time my mom would prepare this,
 I'm always there beside her.  
She would slice everything up, open the cans or boxes 
and then let me do the best part... 
putting 'em all together and mixing 'em all up! 
T'was so much fun ☺ 


You will need: 
  • 1 can Fruit cocktail, drained
  • 3 (250mL) packs All-purpose Cream, chilled
  • 2 apples, core and seeds removed and cut into small dice
  • 1 (340g) bottle Nata de Coco, drained 
  • 1 (340g) bottle Kaong, drained 
  • 1 (425g) can whole corn kernels, drained
  • 2 small boxes of raisins (optional)
  • ½ bar of Cheese, cut into small dice or grated
  • 1 can Condensed milk (or less, depending on your desired sweetness)

Preparation:

- Just mix all the ingredients together. Add the condensed milk last so you can adjust the sweetness according to your taste. Chill and serve.

** You may add shredded young coconut meat (buko) to make it Buko Salad.
    You may also add bananas, pineapples, grapes or any fruits in season. 
    You may also add gelatin (diced) and marshmallows for the kids.
    Have fun with it... Enjoy ☺




No comments:

Post a Comment