Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chicken Terriyaki



My Hubby and I dined out last week and we both had Chicken Terriyaki.
Then I said to myself, "Why not try making it at home?"
So I started searching for the right recipe.
Unfortunately, every recipe I found calls for "mirin
and its availability in our stores is rare to none.
But that's not stopping me!
Instead, I searched for an alternative and it worked out well.
My Hubby gave me an A+ for this recipe... (I'm so happy!)
making this the newest addition to his "Favorites Menu" list.
So here it is, my easy-to-find ingredients,
version of Chicken Terriyaki ☺



You will need:
  • 3 Chicken Breast Fillets
  • 1/3 cup Soy Sauce ( I used Lee Kum Kee for this one)
  • 2 tablespoons Rice Wine
  • 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
  • 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup Pineapple Juice, unsweetened
  • 3 cloves Garlic, minced
  • ½ teaspoon Ginger, peeled and grated
  • Pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup Cold Water
  • 2 tablespoons Cornstarch

Preparation:

Step 1: Combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, rice wine, sesame oil, ginger, and brown sugar  in 
              a blender. Process until smooth. Pour over chicken fillets and marinate for about 20-
              30 minutes.

Step 2: Remove chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinating liquid. Pan-fry chicken 
              or grill until done. Remove from heat and keep warm.

Step 3: In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in cold water.

Step 4: In a saucepan, bring the marinating liquid to boil. Add the dissolved cornstarch, 
              stirring constantly. Continue to cook sauce to your desired consistency. Season with 
              pepper to taste.

Step 5: Slice chicken fillets and top over rice. Drizzle with terriyaki sauce as desired. Serve 
              warm.






No comments:

Post a Comment