Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Fruity Choco Truffles


Last Sunday, I was in the mood to make something with chocolate 
so I skimmed through my stack of recipes.
My goal: to make something new,
make something yummy,
make something easy,
and make sure that I have my ingredients ready in my pantry... 
and I found the ONE!
My Hubby is not a fan of chocolates but
he totally loved it.
He gave me an A+. Isn't it great?
Try it ☺



You will need:
  • 3 cups Graham cracker crumbs ( or use Graham crackers, finely crushed)
  • ½ cup Cocoa Powder
  • 1 (850 grams) Fruit Cocktail, completely drained (about 2 hours or more)
  • ¼ cup Condensed Milk (may add more for your desired sweetness)
  • ½ cup All-purpose Cream, chilled
  • ¼ cup Butter, softened
  • ¼ cup Sugar
  • ¼ cup Nuts, crushed (I used peanuts and cashew nuts on mine)
for the coating:
  • 200-250 grams milk chocolate bar
  • ½ cup butter
  • paper cups (for mini cupcakes) (optional)
  • mini marshmallows, candy sprinkles, crushed nuts, or white chocolate for toppings (optional)

Preparation:

Step 1: Combine graham crumbs and cocoa in a bowl. Add fruit cocktail, mix well until fruits 
              are coated fully.

Step 2: Add the remaining ingredients, except the ones for coating. Mix well.

Step 3: Form into 1 tablespoon balls and freeze for 15 minutes.

>> Make the coating:

Step 4: In a double broiler, melt chocolate with butter in a low heat. Using tongs, dip each  
              ball in chocolate and put in paper cups. 

Step 5: Finish each truffle with marshmallows, nuts, candy sprinkles or white chocolate if 
              desired. Chill to set.





No comments:

Post a Comment