Monday, February 13, 2012

Classic Chicken Macaroni Salad


My version of Chicken Macaroni Salad is my family's favorite.
My Dad always asks me to make it whenever I can...
and my Hubby? 
He doesn't really like chicken macaroni salad before. 
He said he doesn't like that its mayo based
but after tasting my dish, he totally loved it ♥
The mix of pineapple, carrots, onions, chicken and pimiento
fully complemented the flavor of the creamy mayo.
Truly a winner!





You will need:

  • 700 mL (1 bottle) mayonnaise (use a good quality mayo, that's essential)
  • 300 mL (1 tin can) condensed milk ( I used carnation)
  • 400 grams macaroni pasta
  • ½ cup carrots, minced
  • 1/3 cup onions, minced
  • 1/3 cup red pimiento, minced
  • ½ cup pickle relish, drained
  • ½ cup pineapple chunks or crushed, drained
  • 1 cup chicken breast, boiled and shredded
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • raisins, diced cheese (optional)

Preparation:

Step 1: Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside. Let cool.

Step 2: In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients, except for mayonnaise.

Step 3: Add macaroni pasta and mayonnaise. Blend well.

Step 4: Season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.

Step 5: Chill before serving.



2 comments:

  1. Hi my sweet friend! It's Linda n nellie from Instagram here :) lindajuliusson1
    Just wanted to check out your blog and say hi :) this looks delicious!! I need to try some of your recipes, the one with the prawns looks so good too! I'm no talent in the kitchen but I love eating haha.
    Hugs from Sweden! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. :: Hi Linda and Nellie. Thank you so much for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Feel free to try out my recipes and lemme know how it turns out. Im sure you can do all of these. If I can do it, im sure you can too :) What's important is that everything is made with Love <3 Thank you again my sweet friend. I really appreciate the support ~ XOXO! den

    ReplyDelete